Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Learning Blogger Template / Trackbacks / WebGUI

I am getting more comfortable with blogger templates. I spent the last day and a half finding and disecting a good one, Minima Black. Things are starting to make more sense, but there is still a lot to learn. I'm just starting to grasp the basics and it can get really really complicated.

I like the one used on this blog. It was made by Beccary. The only one of theirs i saw that i really liked. I like how the images go thruout it. I like how some of the lines extend the whole page. I'm going to have to learn more about repeating background images. Most of my design so far has been very contained. I tend to make a medium sized box and fill it with content.

I also learned about trackbacks. Very interesting. They are a way of linking to sites that have linked to yours. They are a function of blogging programs. Say that i was super excited about something i read on a blog. I wanted to tell the world, so i linked to it from my blog. If the organization providing the blog had a trackback (permalink +) function then that blog could automatically see that i had linked to them and put my linking address in a trackback list of sites linking to that site. Seems pretty cool. I've heard that it has a tendancy to get abused, and that some have even decided that is outdated at this point. I will learn more about it, and report back when i do.

Next big learning adventure... WebGUI. What is WebGUI? I know it's open source. I know it works for content management. I know quite a few groups that use it. Other than that i don't know much about it. I'm on the hunt for WebGUI information and tutorials.

posted by robott_rock @ 1:07 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary